Bobby Flay Is Leaving the Food Network After 27 Years: Report

Kitchen’s closed. Bobby Flay is cutting ties with the Food Network after nearly 30 years on the channel.

Shocking TV Exits Through the Years

Read article

The 56-year-old celebrity chef had been working on putting together a new contract with the network, according to a Variety report published on Thursday, October 7. Flay’s current three-year contract is set to expire at the end of the year, but negotiations to re-up won’t continue, per the outlet.

The Gato owner got his start on the Food Network in 1994, quickly becoming a household name. He’s been the face of several popular series, including Beat Bobby Flay, Grillin’ and Chillin’ and Brunch at Bobby’s, with a total of 16 shows and specials under his belt. The New Yorker has also served as a judge on The Next Food Network Star and The Next Iron Chef.

Bobby Flay Is Leaving the Food Network After 27 Years: Report

Bobby Flay Food Network

In 2017,

Read More

Bobby Flay Nears Food Network Exit After 27-Year Run (Report)

Bobby Flay may no longer be on the Food Network, ending a 27-year partnership, according to a report.

Flay, who has been a programming mainstay on the Discovery-owned cable network since its inception in 1994, will leave the network at the end of this year, reports Variety, citing sources close to the situation. Flay’s contract is set to expire at the end of this year.

However, an individual with knowledge of the situation told TheWrap that Flay and the network could still a reach a new deal. Representatives for Flay declined to comment, while Discovery and Food Network representatives did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s request for comment.

Flay is one of the most recognizable figures in the food industry, and was the first chef to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He operates numerous restaurants around the country.

Over his run with the network, Flay

Read More

Bobby Flay to Leave Food Network

Celebrity chef Bobby Flay, who has been a fixture on Food Network for nearly three decades, is parting ways with the cabler.

According to our sister site Variety, who broke the news of Flay’s departure, Flay has been negotiating a new contract with Food Network “for some time,” with his current contract set to expire at the end of this year. Food Network is said to have ended the negotiations, with sources from the network telling Variety that the parties disagreed on financial terms. The network and Flay’s representatives both declined to comment.

Since the mid-1990s, Flay has hosted a bevy of Food Network series, including Throwdown With Bobby Flay, Brunch @ Bobby’s, Worst Cooks in America, Bobby’s Dinner Battle and the current cooking competition Beat Bobby Flay. He’s also served as a judge on shows like The Next Food Network Star and Chopped, appeared as

Read More