A team of six local chefs will represent the Columbia area in a World Food Championship event later this year.
Team Lake Murray Country will now travel to Dallas, Texas, for the “Ultimate Food Fight” the week of Nov. 5-9. There they will take on other top culinary artists from across the country. The top chefs will win $350,000.
The local winning chefs include:
▪ Kevin Schwab of Bistro on the Boulevard
▪ Henry Griffin of Griffin Chophouse
▪ Arif Rizvi of RF’s Corner Grill
▪ Brandon Velie of Juniper
▪ John Worthington of Figaro the Dining Room
▪ Jon Cooper of Alodia’s Cucina Italiana
In addition, World Food Championship CEO Mike McCloud named Eric Crissey of Columbo’s Restaurant as