Parmesan Zucchini Rice
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4(1 cup servings)
Rice with lots of contemporary zucchini, parmesan and a splash of lemon!
- 1 tablespoon oil (or butter)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup rice (extensive grained)
- 2 cups drinking water (or broth)
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- salt and pepper to style
- Heat the oil in a huge saucepan above medium warmth, include the onion and cook right up until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Incorporate the rice and h2o, bring to a boil, lower the warmth and simmer, lined, for 20 minutes.
- Combine the zucchini and parmesan in and enable the cheese soften.
- Increase the lemon juice, lemon zest and dill in advance of seasoning with salt and pepper to flavor.
Alternative: Insert 1 pinch pink pepper flakes along with the garlic.
Selection: Use a distinctive herb, this sort of as parsley, basil, cilantro, etcetera.
Choice: Blend in a sliced environmentally friendly onion together with the herb.