Homemade Tomato Jam – Spend With Pennies2 min read
This straightforward Tomato Jam recipe was given to me by my mom-in-law. It is delightful!
Contemporary back garden tomatoes are simmered in a sweet and savory mixture of sugar, vinegar and seasonings to develop a spread and condiment you will love!
It will up-amount every recipe from sandwiches to burgers, eggs, and veggies! Make it with red or green tomatoes.
What is Tomato Jam?
- Thick and hearty, tomato jam is a sweet and savory tomato-based mostly condiment.
- This jam is sweet (as a jam need to be) with a tangy kick and a little bit of warmth (if you’d like).
- It’s easily built on the stove and keeps weeks in the fridge, no canning is essential!
- This rapidly and simple condiment to impress at your functions, picnics, and BBQs.
- This is 1 of these remarkable ‘garden gifts’ to make if you have an abundance of summer months tomatoes. Absolutely everyone enjoys a handmade jar of tomato jam. Finest of all, it will freeze for up to 6 months!
Ingredients & Versions
Tomatoes – No want to blanch and peel tomatoes for tomato jam! Any new tomatoes will do, nevertheless, fresh Roma’s are the most effective for the reason that they have skinny skins and are as meaty as canned Marzano’s.
Sugar – Honey is a all-natural sweetener that melts effortlessly into tomato jam. Brown sugar, molasses, or even sugar-absolutely free Swerve can be employed, having said that, the end final result could not be as jelly-like as the primary recipe phone calls for.
Seasonings – Apple cider offsets the acidity of the tomatoes, but the degree of serrano chile is up to you. Fulfill your warmth and use as significantly or as very little as you like. A dash of cayenne pepper, Tabasco sauce, or a splash of Sriracha can be switched out for minced chiles.
Include-Ins Cracked black pepper, diced shallots, or bacon bits will make your tomato jam recipe stand out!
How to Make Tomato Jam
This fancy condiment is so straightforward to make, just 3 very simple actions!
- Provide all ingredients to a boil.
- Neat & serve.
Critically. That’s all.
How to Serve Tomato Jam
What doesn’t go with tomato jam?!
Tips for the Best Jam
- If the jam is also unfastened just after 30 minutes, keep on cooking until finally the ideal thickness is accomplished.
- Use contemporary ripe tomatoes for the ideal flavor.
- Tomatoes do not require to be peeled or seeded.
- Maintain tomato jam refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 10 days. Freeze parts in zippered baggage for up to 6 months!
Did you make this Tomato Jam? Go away us a ranking and a comment beneath!