Coconut rice is just as effortless to make as basic rice. All we require to do is swap 50 % of the drinking water for whole-excess fat coconut milk. See all of our recommendations and tips beneath. Jump to the Coconut Rice Recipe
How to Make Coconut Rice
For our favourite coconut rice recipe, you will have to have very long-grain Jasmine rice, coconut milk, drinking water, salt, and a single scallion (optional).
Very long-grain Jasmine rice generates the best success in this recipe. We have tried using this coconut rice recipe with other rice varieties, but we uncover that lengthy-grain Jasmine rice is greatest. It is aromatic and cooks up to be light-weight and fluffy. Employing long-grain rice also saves us a little time considering the fact that we never have to have to rinse it just before cooking.
I know that could have been a shock — really do not we constantly want to rinse our rice ahead of cooking? Of study course, we generally do, but in this recipe, if you use extended-grain Jasmine rice, you don’t need to have to. In fact, following testing rinsed and unrinsed rice in the recipe, we discovered that the unrinsed rice tasted far more like coconut.
Building coconut rice is no distinct than frequent rice. To start with, combine almost everything in a saucepan, bring to a boil, lower the heat to a lower simmer, and then include and cook for 15 minutes. Immediately after 15 minutes, convert off the warmth, and then go away the pot alone for 10 to 15 minutes, so the rice has the likelihood to steam and take in any excess liquid.
Extra: You may well also like our Cilantro Lime Rice.
Storing and Freezing Suggestions
- Retailer cooked coconut rice in an air-restricted container in the fridge for up to 3 times.
- Freeze cooked coconut rice in an air-restricted container for up to just one thirty day period.
What to Serve With Coconut Rice
This coconut rice is best for just about any dish you would have served with basic rice. It is ideal in rice bowls, with curries, Thai dishes, stir-fries, and as a side to chicken and fish. Attempt one of these dishes:
Additional Straightforward Coconut Rice
Coconut rice is just as simple to make as plain rice and it preferences fantastic! All we require to do is swap fifty percent of the water for comprehensive-fats coconut milk. This coconut rice is best for nearly any dish you would have served with plain rice. It’s excellent in rice bowls, with curries, Thai dishes, stir-fries, and as a facet to hen and fish.
*Very long-grain Jasmine rice operates very best in this recipe. Shorter grain rice tend to be additional sticky.
You Will Want
1 cup prolonged-grain Jasmine white rice
3/4 cup very well-stirred whole-unwanted fat coconut milk
3/4 cup h2o
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 scallion, thinly sliced, optional, substitute chopped chives
Position the rice (we do not rinse the rice), coconut milk, drinking water, and salt in a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan about medium-large warmth.
Provide to a boil and cook dinner for 1 minute. Stir at the time, change the warmth to reduced, address the saucepan with its lid, and cook dinner for 15 minutes.
Do not elevate the lid. Turn off the heat, then go away the rice to steam for 10 minutes.
Clear away the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Provide with sliced scallions.
Shop cooked coconut rice in an air-limited container in the fridge for up to three times. Freeze in an air-limited container for up to a person thirty day period.
Adam and Joanne’s Guidelines
- When using lengthy-grain Jasmine rice, we do not rinse the rice. We have made this recipe with rinsed and unrinsed rice and uncovered the success to be identical. If just about anything, the unrinsed rice tasted additional like coconut. If you have medium-grain or quick-grain rice, you could take into account rinsing your rice prior to subsequent our recipe.
- Though we desire coconut rice with out sugar, lots of genuine recipes connect with for introducing 1 to 2 teaspoons of sugar. Come to feel no cost to include this in stage one particular.
- Nourishment Specifics: The nutrition details supplied underneath are estimates. We have made use of the USDA databases to calculate approximate values.
Nourishment For each Serving: Serving Size 3/4 cup / Calories 253 / Total Fats 9.4g / Saturated Excess fat 8.1g / Cholesterol 0mg / Sodium 155.2mg / Carbohydrate 38.3g / Dietary Fiber .6g / Overall Sugars .1g / Protein 4.2g