Creamy Ham and Pea Pasta
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6
A ham and pea pasta in a light creamy sauce!
- 12 ounces pasta (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/3 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Start cooking the pasta as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the ham and cook until lightly golden brown on all sides.
- Add the cream and cheese, bring to a simmer and simmer until the cheese has melted and the sauce thickens a bit.
- Drain the cooked pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pastas cooking water, toss the pasta in the ham and cream sauce before adding enough of the reserved pasta water to make a nice creamy sauce.
- Add the peas and lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the green onions and enjoy!
Option: Use mascarpone instead of heavy cream.
Option: Use sour cream instead of heavy cream.
Option: Add bacon or pancetta, or replace some or all of the ham.
Option: Add parsley, or basil, or chives, etc.