Browned Butter and Sage Roasted Butternut Squash
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Whole Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6
Tender roasted sweet butternut squash in garlic browned butter with a good deal of fried sage!
- 1 (2-3 pound) butternut squash, peed, seeded and lower into bite sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to flavor
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons contemporary sage, thinly sliced
- Toss the butternut squash with the oil, salt and pepper prior to spreading out in a solitary layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast the squash in a preheated 400F/200C oven until finally tender, about 20-30 minutes, mixing half way by means of.
- Meanwhile, cook the butter in a compact saucepan over medium warmth right until it begins to turn a nice hazelnut brown before eliminating it from the heat and mixing in the garlic and sage.
Selection: Include 1 modest onion. (You can possibly slice it and roast it with the butternut or dice it and cook it in the butter.)
Possibility: Increase 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey or brown sugar to butter combination, right after mixing in the garlic and sage, for some more sweetness and flavour.
Alternative: Insert a splash of lemon juice, cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar to the butter mixture soon after mixing in the garlic and sage.
Alternative: Incorporate a pinch of pink pepper flakes together with the garlic and sage.
Alternative: Substitute the sage with thyme.
Alternative: Garnish with 1/4 cup crispy cooked pancetta.
Solution: Garnish with 1/4 cup pepitas.
Alternative: Garnish with 1/4 cup dried cranberries.
Choice: Sprinkle grated parmesan or pecorino cheese on whilst nevertheless warm.