Learn how to make air fryer scallops with just 6 simple ingredients. Ready in less than 8 minutes, these are juicy, tender, and taste so fancy!
We love to cook seafood in our air fryer.
If you’ve tried our salmon, shrimp, or cod before, then you’ll no doubt love these air fried scallops.
Why this recipe works
- Quick. From prep to plate, these scallops take barely any time to make.
- Healthy. Scallops are packed with protein and have very little fat.
- Easy to customize. While I like to keep the seasonings simple, you can jazz them up with different sauces, spices, or even some dressing.
What I love the most about this recipe is that it is a guaranteed perfect way to cook scallops every single time. There is no fear of a dry or rubbery scallop here.
Besides some scallops and some seasonings, there isn’t much else that goes into this recipe. Here is what you’ll need:
- Large scallops. Choose scallops that are bright and white, as these are the freshest.
- Salt and pepper. To season.
- Butter. Melted.
- Parsley. Finely chopped.
- Lemon slices. To serve.
How to cook scallops in the air fryer
Follow this easy 3-step process to make scallops in your air fryer:
Step 1: Season the scallops
Pat dry the scallops and then season with salt and pepper. Brush some butter over the scallops before cooking.
Step 2: Air fry the scallops
Preheat the air fryer to 200C or 400F. Generously grease an air fryer basket with cooking spray and add a single layer of scallops and cook for 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Step 3: Serve
Remove the cooked scallops from the air fryer basket. Brush more butter, sprinkle finely chopped parsley over them and serve with sliced lemon.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Avoid over-cooking the scallops as they are prone to becoming rubbery.
- Never put wet scallops in the air fryer as they will create steam which will affect their crispness.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket as this can cook affect the cooking time and texture.
Like most seafood, scallops are a blank canvas! Here are some ideas to jazz up their flavor:
- Add more seasonings. Smoked paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper are all fantastic options for a spicy and smoky kick.
- Infuse with garlic. Garlic and seafood are a pretty perfect combination. Mix a clove of minced garlic with the melted butter.
- Marinate the scallops. For a fun flavor twist, marinate them in some sauces, like eel sauce or bulgogi sauce.
- To store. Place leftover scallops in a shallow container and store them in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- To freeze. Once the scallops have cooled to room temperature, place them in a shallow container and store them in the freezer for up to two months.
- Reheating. Reheat in the air fryer or microwave until warm.
Frequently asked questions
When the temperature of the air fryer is 200C/400F, the scallops take 5-7 minutes to cook.
Yes, you can use frozen scallops, but you’ll have to cook them for 3 minutes longer or thaw them completely to cook them at its usual time.
When scallops have a seared golden texture, they are cooked.
- 1/2 lb scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 small lemon sliced
Pat dry the scallops and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush one tablespoon of butter over the scallops.
Generously grease an air fryer basket with cooking spray and add a single layer of scallops.
Air fry at 200C/400 for 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Remove them from the air fryer basket, and brush more butter on them. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley and serve with sliced lemon.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 560mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 496IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 2g