Food Service Worker position is located in the VAMC Hampton within the Nutrition and Food Service.
Learn more about this agency
Duties Includes but not limited to:
- Set up cafeteria lines, steam tables, dining room tables, and side service stands with hot and cold food items including meats, vegetables, salads, desserts, bread, butter, and beverages.
- Break down and clean assigned area on the tray line.
- Replenish tray line items.
- Remove and inspect doors, strainer pans, screens, and spray arms for preventive maintenance and cleaning.
- Perform heavy-duty cleaning tasks throughout the food service and related areas, such as cleaning ceilings and transoms; cleaning exhaust hoods; cleaning spaces under and behind kitchen equipment, etc.
- Move heavy garbage cans.
- Scrape, soak, scour, and scrub the heavier cooking utensils; such as mixing bowls and pots.
Work Schedule: Mon to Sun 5:30 am -2:00 pm OR 10:00 am -6:30 pm ; rotating