Shrimp Fra Diavolo – Closet Cooking1 min read
Shrimp Fra Diavolo
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
A quick, easy and tasty shrimp pasta with a spicy kick!
- 8 ounces pasta (such as linguine) (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced/grated
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Start cooking the pasta as directed on the package.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer, until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes, breaking the tomatoes apart with a wooden spoon or masher, as it cooks.
- Add the shrimp and simmer until it is cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the sauce over the cooked pasta and enjoy!
Option: Add more seafood such as lobster, clams, etc.
Option: Garnish with fresh basil or parsley.
Option: Garnish with romano or parmesan cheese!