Kitchen fire starts at Chesterfield firehouse after crew forgets to turn off stove before dashing off to emergency call | Crime News

Fire Station #20

An official with the Courthouse Road Fire Station in Chesterfield County says there were no injuries or any disruption in service as a result of Monday’s kitchen fire.

Firefighters at Chesterfield County’s Courthouse Road Fire Station forgot to heed one of the golden rules of fire prevention: Don’t leave unattended food cooking on a stove.

A fire started in the station’s kitchen about 7:30 p.m. Monday after a crew dashed off to help someone with a medical emergency. It wasn’t until the crew was returning about 30 minutes later that they learned of the fire.

“Unfortunately, they were trying to get out of the station to tend to this call for service and they left something cooking on the stovetop,” said Chesterfield Deputy Fire Marshal Joe Harvey.

The good news: An automatic fire suppression system extinguished the fire before it spread. A chemical agent doused the flames on

Read More

Woman injured, 3 homes destroyed by fire likely caused by ‘cooking mishap’ on Thanksgiving

The Daily Beast

How a Man Linked to Prigozhin, ‘Putin’s Chef,’ Infiltrated the United Nations

The world has learned a lot about Yevgeny Prigozhin since American authorities first filed criminal charges against him two years ago for alleged financial ties to the internet troll farm accused of Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential elections. Known as “Putin’s Chef” due to his vast Kremlin catering contracts, Prigozhin has also been sanctioned by the U.S. for his alleged ties to Russian mercenaries affiliated with the Wagner Group. Now, leaked data from several sanctioned Russian firms linked to Prigozhin’s business networks reveals that key Prigozhin associates have helped one of his political consultants infiltrate a high-level United Nations panel.Prigozhin’s alleged mercenary army provides intelligence and paramilitary fighters all over the world. The U.S. Treasury links it directly into President Vladimir Putin’s chain of command describing the shadow military as “a designated Russian

Read More

Fire Prevention Week: Safety in the Kitchen | Kndu

OLYMPIA, WA – According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), cooking is the leading cause of home fires and home fire injuries in the United States. For this reason, this year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign is “Serve Up Fire Safety in the Kitchen!”

The Washington State Fire Marshal’s Office (SFMO) supports this campaign and reminds residents to never leave cooking food unattended. Stay in the kitchen while you are frying, grilling, or broiling. If you have to leave, even for a short time, turn off the stove.  If you are baking or roasting, check it regularly and stay home or turn off the oven if you have to leave.

To find out more about Fire Prevention Week programs and activities in your area, contact your local fire department.  For more general information about Fire Prevention Week and cooking fire prevention, visit

For more about fire safety, contact

Read More

Rachael Ray Posts First Cooking Video Since Devastating Fire at Her New York Home

Rachael Ray has shared her first cooking video since a fire broke out at her New York home earlier this month.

The talk show host, 51, shared a recipe with her TikTok followers on Thursday, walking them through how to make the perfect tuna casserole.

“Casserole night, America — let’s do it” Ray excitedly proclaims at the start of the video, which appears to feature old footage from the kitchen in the home damaged by the blaze.

From browning the mushrooms to putting on the oyster cracker topping, Ray quickly runs through all the steps required to make the tasty dinner.

“Into the oven she goes — boom,” Ray says at the end of the demonstration, showing off the finished, and tasty-looking, meal.

Rachael Ray/TikTok Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray/TikTok

The clip appears to be taken from the kitchen of the home that caught fire, though it was presumably filmed

Read More