Food Network’s ‘Worst Cooks in America’ winner charged with murder says foster child, 3, drowned

A former Food Network reality cooking show winner who was charged with homicide by child abuse with her husband will remain in jail.

Ariel Robinson, 29, who won the most recent season of Food Network’s “Worst Cooks in America,” told a judge that her 3-year-old foster daughter Victoria Smith died on Jan. 14 after drinking too much water, WYFF4 reports.

Ariel Robinson (Simpsonville Police)

Ariel Robinson (Simpsonville Police)
((Simpsonville Police))

During a virtual court hearing on Friday, Robinson claimed that bruises on Smith’s body were from a Heimlich maneuver, performed in an attempt to save her. The girl died from blunt force trauma, according to a coroner’s report, which did not list any mention of drowning.

FOOD NETWORK’S ‘WORST COOKS IN AMERICA’ SEASON CUT AFTER WINNER CHARGED WITH CHILD MURDER 

Judge Letitia Verdin denied Robinson’s request for bond. 

“Based on the seriousness of the charges and the egregious nature of the allegations in

Read More

Food Network Pulls Worst Cooks in America Season 20 After Winner Is Charged with Child’s Death

Simpsonville Police Department Ariel Robinson

The Food Network has removed season 20 of Worst Cooks in America from streaming online after its winner, Ariel Robinson, and her husband were arrested for alleged homicide by child abuse in the death of their 3-year-old foster daughter.

Ariel, 29, a teacher from South Carolina, was taken into custody last week in connection with the death of Victoria Rose Smith. Her husband, 34-year-old Jerry Robinson, was also arrested.

Following the arrests, the Food Network removed the entire 20th season of the longtime culinary series from the cable service’s VOD offerings, as well as from Discovery+, Hulu and YouTube, according to Deadline.

The first 19 seasons and season 21, which premiered earlier this month, are reportedly still available to stream.

The Food Network did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

Ariel was named the winner of season 20 on the Aug. 2,

Read More

Food Network Pulls ‘Worst Cooks In America’ Season 20 After Champion Charged With Child Murder

The Wrap

Walter Bernstein, Blacklisted Screenwriter of ‘The Front,’ Dies at 101

Walter Bernstein, the Oscar-nominated screenwriter of “The Front” who had spent years on the blacklist in Hollywood, has died. He was 101. Bernstein died on Friday night, according to former WGA West President Howard Rodman. In the 1950s, Bernstein was blacklisted from Hollywood after he was suspected to be a communist working in the entertainment industry. “There was a little booklet called ‘Red Channels,’ which was a collection of about 150 names of people in the entertainment business, with a listing of their so-called ‘communist’ or ‘communist front’ associations, and if you were named you were automatically blacklisted,” Bernstein told the San Francisco Chronicle in 2005. “There were about eight designations for me — all true, all things I’d done. I’d written for communist magazines, I’d supported Russian war relief, I’d supported the loyalists in Spain.” Also Read:

Read More

the incredible history of fast food in America


Think fast food and it’s likely a few world-beating burger brands spring to mind. Whether it’s drive-in, drive-thru or eat-in, they are today ubiquitous across the globe. But their hearts are in the USA, where McDonald’s, In-N-Out Burger and KFC took the brakes off cooking in the 1940s and 1950s, and changed the way we eat forever. Here’s how it happened…



Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.

Read More